Thursday, June 23, 2016

2 Pink Lines...STILL

Alternate Title:  I May Get Track Lines In My Arms

After the pregnancy test showing I still had hcg in my system, the NP had me take a blood test.  My HCG level was at 500.  I thought, "wow this is great, it dropped from 60,000 to 500."  I was wrong.  She said they would expect the levels to be even lower so they'd like me to go in weekly (WEEKLY!) for blood draws to ensure the levels continued to drop.

Every week I faithfully went in, and Emily gave my blood draw (oh yes, I forgot to mention the first few times I went in every freaking phlebotomist asked if I was pregnant...really?  Come on I imagine I'm not the only person who's had this done).  Each week I got an email from my NP saying "it's going down" and by down it was cutting in half, very slowly.

By this time, I had scoured the internet trying to find a story like mine...and nothing.  Not one person who'd had a mmc, 2 rounds of miso, and the pregnancy hormone would not get the F@$% out!

Finally mid-January (this is now 3 months post development stopping and 2 months post passing pregnancy) I received an email from the NP empathizing (she really is so great, so my  frustrations are not at her) and apologizing that had she'd known I'd be a "slow drop" she would have recommended surgery.  Slow drop?  That was a new term that I promptly Googled....

...and I found a thread within a board that was experiencing what I was.  This lady went in for another ultrasound and they discovered she had retained a tiny piece of tissue.  I emailed my NP asking how'd we'd know if I retained tissue, and ironically I passed a small piece of tissue that night (keep in mind I still hadn't had a period).  The actual doctor responded and suggested I come in for a full ultrasound.  Do you know how annoying it is to have to pay $500 for ultrasounds just to verify you're not pregnant.  It's annoying, trust me!  But I set an appointment for an ultrasound.


~CP


No comments:

Post a Comment