Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Universe is Talking to ME

Alternate Title:  Still Pregnant :P

I went in for a full wand ultrasound, which I found out is typically the ultrasound women get at about 16 weeks.  I had given, Shannon, the sonographer the cliff's notes version of my 'issue.'  She looked at me and said she had gone through the same thing, 3 TIMES!  And then quickly said, "but I'm sure that won't happen to you."  I asked how she was able to talk about it, I could barely handle talking about it.  She then proceeded to tell me how excited she was because they were going through IVF (she then talked me through that whole process) and was getting her implantation the following week.

At the end of the appointment, I thanked her for telling me her story, and she told me I was the first person she'd met who'd had the same experience as her...you guys...she does this for a living and had never met anyone who'd gone through what we had.  While the coincidence is crazy, it made me feel less crazy finally finding someone who'd had the same experience.

While the sonographers are not supposed to "read" the results while taking pictures, my kindred spirit shared with me.  Based on what she could tell it looked like I still had a piece of retained tissue.


~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment