Thursday, June 23, 2016

Light At the End of the Tunnel

Alternate Title:  #finally

We arrived for our appointment with the doctor...Which annoying, she didn't remember me, she said she hadn't met us, but I clearly remember her face and her "oh dear" comment, so I was irritated.  She looked at the report from the radiologist and confirmed what I already knew (from my friend Shannon), that yes I still had retained tissue.  She said we should probably schedule a D&C.  I cried.  And then she said, "Oh wait, this shows you have a collapsed follicle.  That means you're ovulating and should be getting your period soon.

What?  How did we just go from scheduling surgery to I'd be having a period?  Such relief!

About 7 days later I started a much heavier flow with cramping, what I assume a miscarriage is truly like.

3 days into my period I took yet another blood test and finally the HCG level was below 1.

So sad, but so happy it was done.

~CP


No comments:

Post a Comment